View Single Post
Old 01-10-24, 02:00 AM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Sactown_Albert
Bob and I are current Sacramentans so we have a well earned right to slag on our local airport, but in fairness, the airport has modernized in leaps and bounds over the last 10 years. There are a few direct flights from the East Coast directly into Sacramento International so there are options other than flying into the Bay Area airports. Jet Blue and United are two I can think of off of the top of my head. Just so people know, Davis (Where the CR event will be held) is basically a commuter town for Sacramento. About 11 miles from city hall to city hall.

If you are driving in and plan on spending the weekend, Sacramento is a good option for hotels. As I’ve mentioned in some other posts, our local vintage cycling club will be scheduling Friday and Sunday rides, in addition to the Saturday ride announced, to give attendees more riding options.
Thanks for clarifying regarding Sacramento airport (SMF), Albert! As someone who has spent way too much time in airports, I can confidently proclaim that SMF is one of the best airports that I've traveled through. Super easy to navigate, small, efficient, and easy to get in and out of!

I definitely intended to offer OAK and SFO as additional options. SMF is far and away the best choice to fly into of the three, all things being equal.

It's shaping up to be a fun weekend...