Old 01-12-24, 12:20 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked 1,037 Times in 674 Posts
I went curbside shopping last night. They are open late and the price is always right. A neighbor must have been cleaning out their garage and backyard. They accumulated quite a collection of bikes. Mostly Murray's and Huffy's, a couple of low end, modern Schwinn's,and a Mongoose from after Mongoose was cool. 12 bikes were in this pile. I rearranged the heap into this more orderly state in order to pick out the best bikes.

The Fuji has a nice looking 1020 straight gauge steel frame with a steel 3 piece crankset. Everyone here thinks Schwinn Ashtabula cranksets are heavy, and they are, but this crank might weigh more. This is all steel with a black plastic cover over the steel crank arms. Trek used a similar crank on the 700. I don't blame either of them for doing this. They are less expensive to make. Fuji, Trek and Giant are competing with Big Box store bikes. If they can get the price down closer to those bikes, then perhaps they can get people to buy better bikes. Anyway, back to our story.

Here is the Fuji...

The Haro might be a parts donor for the Fuji. I'll know better when I can view these new finds in daylight. .

I don't think that the 4 arm crank on the Haro would look right on the Fuji though.
Likes For Velo Mule: