View Single Post
Old 01-17-24, 05:10 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 2,034 Times in 578 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
LAX was a zoo while there for a couple of 2 hour layovers. People coughing, hacking and blowing their nose with maybe 1 in 100 being masked. My wife and I kept moving away from sick people but were running out of places. Must be mask fatigue or a lot of dopey people flying Alaska.

The good news, no COVID contracted on this trip - but we were always masked during travel and at the airports. The bad news, the weather sucked and got food poisoning which laid me up for two days out of four there. We will not be returning to Loreto.

Still not feeling 100%. After my morning workout routine - half hour of squats, fee weights, ball balancing - core stuff, still feel tired and a bit shakey, even after 8 hours sleep. Think we will skip trips abroad for awhile. Oh and to top things off, our flight from LAX to SEA was cancelled because it was a Max. Overnighted and caught multiple flights to finally get home.
Yikes. That is a nightmare. Sorry about that!

Yea, masking at LAX is pretty much non-existent. Even when the LA county mask mandate was in place, it was ignored at LAX, and there was no enforcement whatever.

IMHO, it's smart to wear a mask at the airport and on the plane. My theory is that of all the places to catch something, that is the most likely, as people who have travel plans and get ill are likely to go forward with the plans, regardless of how they feel.

There is something else going around too. I managed to catch it January 5. Tested twice and negative for COVID. It felt like a mild cold, but oy, it did not want to go away.

Any idea where you got the food poisoning?