rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2658 Post(s)
Liked 5,848 Times in 3,011 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
Yikes. That is a nightmare. Sorry about that!

Yea, masking at LAX is pretty much non-existent. Even when the LA county mask mandate was in place, it was ignored at LAX, and there was no enforcement whatever.

IMHO, it's smart to wear a mask at the airport and on the plane. My theory is that of all the places to catch something, that is the most likely, as people who have travel plans and get ill are likely to go forward with the plans, regardless of how they feel.

There is something else going around too. I managed to catch it January 5. Tested twice and negative for COVID. It felt like a mild cold, but oy, it did not want to go away.

Any idea where you got the food poisoning?
Glad your test was negative, but still have to deal with the nastiness of cold. Sorry.

The food poisoning was courtesy of a bowl of delicious tortilla soup, with cheese, at a little outdoor restaurant (with good Yelp ratings) off the main drag in Loreto. My wife suspects that the cheese was not properly refrigerated. She was enlisted in my Gatoraid/Poweraid and saltine shopper for the morning after. Can’t remember the restaurant’s name. The best food we has was at La Mision Hotel. Everything was delicious and not the standard fare served at every restaurant.