Old 01-20-24, 10:28 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3260 Post(s)
Liked 2,572 Times in 1,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Ross
That's a tough call...unlike, say, wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt (where no one thinks for a moment you're trying to be a member of Led Zeppelin ...since, afaik, nobody in Led Zeppelin wore Led Zeppelin t-shirts, and it's a common cultural fashion statement to wear t-shirts endorsing your favorite band), wearing a sports team kit doesn't always come across as "endorsing your favorite team" ...though now that I think about that, I'm not sure why it's any different.

Ah, good on you then! I gotta admit, one of the things that to my mind "crosses the line" is the wearing of a complete kit. Y'know, a crap-ton of 12-year-old kids shooting hoops in an urban court might wear a red Bulls #23 basketball jersey, and maybe a tiny subset of those kids might also wear the Air Jordan sneakers...but you'll almost never see a kid wearing the complete Chicago Bulls team kit. And yet on nearly every bike ride I go on I see at least one ass-clown dressed head-to-toe in someone's complete team kit as if he's a member of that professional cycling team. Da fuQ? Have some self respect, dude!
Those type of hoops players get laughed off the court unless they have game. They'll still get laughed at anyway. Better to dress like Woody Harrelson or Jack Harlow in the versions of White Men Can't jump than an NBA wannabe. Something in the kit must not match. Speaking of WMCJ as it relates to cycling, check out Wesley Snipes cycling caps in the original version.

On the other hand, this is just as stupid.(and staged) Those guys he's playing against probably played for the Washington Generals at some point.

Last edited by seypat; 01-20-24 at 12:35 PM.