View Single Post
Old 01-21-24, 09:58 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18527 Post(s)
Liked 15,878 Times in 7,455 Posts
Originally Posted by RMTBaiden
I noticed that a two way bike lane is the same length as a one way car lane. I also found some bike racks that you may find outside of a store if they are kind enough to include them. Mostly what this forum is about, is how cycling takes up less space than a car does. In a town other than the buildings, most of the space is taken up by road and parking. If towns started to go more into cycling, the towns would start to shrink. For example, ten parking spaces would fit twenty bikes. Add a bike rack that would hold eleven bikes. The rack I found is 9ft 3in (2.8m) wide, and a normal parking space is about 9ft (2.7m). This ends up showing how ten parking spaces will fit nine, eleven bike bike racks. Roads would be cut in half, and parking lots would end up decreasing. The more people also start cycling the less pollution gets into the air, and more scenery is open. This can lead to more natural surroundings like trees and grass. I understand some people might find what I am saying stupid, but I would like to hear what everyone else thinks about what I said. Do you think more bike oriented towns is a good or bad idea? Of course cars still have there pros so taking cars completely out of the picture isn't the best idea, but mostly out in my opinion seems like a good idea.
Take time to notice all the various forums here, like this one:

https://www.bikeforums.net/advocacy-safety/
Likes For indyfabz: