Old 01-25-24, 08:28 AM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked 530 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
I was able to use it the other day during a robo pace ride, but it told me that I could only do that after 30 minutes of riding. It gives you I think 3 minutes off the bike, but I only needed a minute to turn on the fan and get some water. Out of curiosity I tried again later in the ride and it was counting down another 30 minutes. I thought maybe I could still reclaim my 2 minutes even before that but I couldn't. I'll have to check when I'm doing the TdZ ride in the next day or two whether it works the same. My bike is set up in a room that is cold in the house, so I don't turn on the fan immediately but wait until I've warmed up on the bike for about 10 minutes so this doesn't help that much. I instead raced ahead of the group, left myself some good momentum on the flywheel, and turned on the fan. The trainer flywheel was still spinning when I got back on so I was still pretty far ahead.
Robo pace rides now have the Teleport button on the bottom icon strip. It looks like two map pushpins. Tap it, and it shows a list of all the bot speed groups. Pick one, and you get teleported to it, with the usual 10 second countdown.

I can warm up at an easy pace, then jump to a faster bot group. Or see how long I can hang on to an even faster group -- bot interval rides!
I like that the whole session is all one recording this way.
~~~

Fan: I have an old fleece zip for the start of rides with the fan on. Once I'm warmed up, the fleece is easy to take off and toss aside.
Likes For rm -rf: