View Single Post
Old 01-27-24, 05:45 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4564 Post(s)
Liked 6,537 Times in 3,751 Posts
Originally Posted by P!N20
I love the pre-1980's jerseys with chain stitch embroidery. Found an artist locally that could do it, so had these jerseys embroidered. The Kypo jersey is a Raxar product from the 70's, most likely acrylic, but it doesn't say. The Pinarello jersey is a modern wool jersey from Oregon Cycle Wear.

More about chain stitch embroidery here: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...lettering.html

Also got this Sergal wool jersey from the 70's which I love. Similar to the Danish national jersey from that time, but that may be coincidental - it's made in Italy. Unfortunately it has been shrinking over time (seriously!) and the zip is wrecked, so I don't think I'll be able to wear it anymore:

Wool can often be easy to "block".

Wash by hand in hot water then carefully stretch and blot blot out on clean towels, restretch a few times while it dries keeping it sprawled out on the towels.

You should be able to find someone to fix the zipper, find a tailor or seamstress that takes on small projects, you can ask at suit shops, dry cleaners and higher end clothing stores, Nordstrom, Macys and the like.
Likes For merziac: