View Single Post
Old 01-28-24, 11:02 PM
Ataylor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
One thing to consider: the carnivore diet is more work for the body to digest than simple plant foods. Digestion; a process that requires oxygen. The body tends to funnel oxygen-rich blood to the stomach to clear foods in good time. To the stomach and away from the legs.

On a long tour, either as a pro bike racer or on a loaded bike, enough waking hours are spent on the bike that real food needs to be eaten whole riding. The oxygen deviation to the stomach has to be dealt with. But in a 3 hour ride? (I quit eating meat in my racing days primarily for better muscle recovery at night. Never regretted it.)
Not an expert and the science is too head-heavy for me to wrap my head around it, which is why I wanted to hear about people’s personal experience.

I’ve heard people share different experiences than yours, though. Wasn't many, just one cyclist so far that claimed that he did well on this diet. I also remember hearing on Lex Friedman’s podcast about runners who ran 50-100 miles and that they’d figured out a way to fuel their body with fat. Perhaps the same logic Jughed brought up applies. Slow pace? Who knows.

Either way, I guess as mentioned I’m just trying to figure out what everyone’s personal experience is and try to gather as much information as I can and just take it from there.