Old 01-30-24, 11:59 PM
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 1,949 Times in 878 Posts
Originally Posted by mschwett
love the charts! RCMoeur interesting to see that from 2017 on, you were fairly steadily riding 6 separate bikes, but from 98-02, just one. how would you compare those periods?
You can see when some bikes joined the gang - I'd owned the racer since 1982 and the recumbent since 1983, but in those disorganized days I didn't track anything, let alone mileage. You see spurts where new bikes (in some cases bikes boxed up for decades that finally got built) were added and took miles away from others. And stretches where some bikes didn't get touched for a long time, such as the 6 years the Rans had a broken handlebar I couldn't readily source or when the chrome cruiser was buried in a back room. Hence why I try to give all of them a few miles in recent years.

In 1995 I met the woman who became my wife, we bought our cruisers and the tandem, and rode a lot. Then from 1998-2002 we were busy with other stuff - both working long hours, planning a wedding, buying a house - it all ate into the riding time. Then in 2004, after an exceptional bout of cycling ennui, we decided to get riding again. And she promptly got pregnant, so it was just me. Some years are good, some years not. And that's an excuse for posting yet another graph - this one superimposing mileage by date per year from 1989-2024.