View Single Post
Old 01-31-24, 10:03 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,053 Times in 743 Posts
I'd almost wonder if there isn't the chance that you'd have more trouble with Di2, though others with more experience might know better. On sat a group leader in a ride I was involved in laid do their bike, less of a crash and more of a slow speed fall over, and bent the der hanger. According to the rider his Di2 had been shifting perfectly pre-crash but after straightening the hanger I had to actually adjust the rear der which wasn't shifting right at all. Tonight I had another rider who dropped their bike and the shifting wasn't working right, hanger tested straight but the der needed to be tweaked to get it lined up better. Just wondering with the Di2 if the servos that move the hanger don't get bumped out of adjustment with a good hit, though I've never seen a similar occurrence with AXS. My middle kid has some noticeable scarring on her Rival AXS rear der from laying it down in cross races and letting the bike drop but I've never had to adjust the alignment on her rear der or any of the kids. Also never touched either bike prior to tonight so who knows if either was shifting as perfectly as they should have been, and the first bike's owner made a point tonight of commenting on how well it actually worked, and maybe the Di2 was always a little off.