Old 02-04-24, 04:27 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4558 Post(s)
Liked 5,077 Times in 3,132 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I did get flats. That's the point. I don't any longer. O.p. also races. Trains for racing. In goathead country. Racing pressures are tough on tubeless. Even I know that. Can you put 100psi in a tubeless Continental? You can in a Hardcase. The mistake is in thinking that sealing flats is the strategy. Not getting flats is the strategy. Even in thorn country. Tubeless car/motorcycle tires have 1" thick steel and Kevlar belted carcasses that are literally bulletproof. They are meant NOT to puncture. If they do. Game over. Tire has to be removed and repaired. Maybe. Sometimes they tell you they can't/won't repair it for you. Why aren't tubeless bike tires made that way? At least one of the models of a given brand should be thornproof. Why not? It doesn't have to be 1" thick obviously but it can be thicker than they are currently made. Kevlar reinforced to whatever it needs to be to prevent punctures. Until they make them that way they are simply not ready for prime time.
Racing pressures of 100 psi? This is 2024 where the pros are typically running 60-70 psi tubeless. Even less on the cobbled classics.
Likes For PeteHski: