View Single Post
Old 02-10-24, 08:50 PM
John N

Bikes: Co-Motion Americano Pinion P18; Co-Motion Americano Rohloff; Thorn Nomad MkII, Robert Beckman Skakkit (FOR SALE), Santana Tandem, ICE Adventure FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 49 Posts
Best EuroVelo Route?

After touring a LOT in the USA, I am exploring going on a 4-8 week tour this summer in Europe and thought I would try one of the EuroVelo Routes as I enjoyed riding parts of EuroVelo Route 3 in Spain when my wife walked the Camino de Santiago a couple of years ago. My preferred criteria is low to medium traffic (under 5000k cars per day), scenic, camping preferable but not required, probably eating out mostly, a climbing index of less than 60 overall (can be hilly in places, just don't want an "all mountain" route, average about 75km - 100km per day. Looking to go sometime between June thru mid-October, daytime highs of 22*C to 30*C for the daytime highs. Prefer a signed route if possible and to a avoid major metro areas (Paris, Rome, etc.) due to traffic but not a deal breaker. I have toured in Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany and enjoyed them all. I am pathetic at foreign languages (even though I try) but excel in Google Translate . Oh yeah, the wife says "safe" and I need to avoid the greater, greater Paris area due to the Olympics this year.

Any suggestions and why?

Tailwinds, John

Last edited by John N; 02-10-24 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Added content