Thread: Elec bikes
View Single Post
Old 02-14-24, 09:22 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Liked 4,552 Times in 3,049 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
i don't need to explain anything to you if you can actually read the articles referenced in previous post.

If you're smart enough to read the classifications, they are pretty clear what is considered moped vs ebike.

That seems to be a personal problem, doesn't apply to general ebike riding population.
As usual. You generally don't have explanations.

I know what a moped is I have known what a moped is for a while. It is a throttled vehicle that also has pedals and has been that since 1952 when the term was coined (and technically before that). It was originally a bicycle with a gasoline powered motor at the front the new ones are electric. I don't know what your issue is? Why you have such a odd definition of mopeds that excludes electric stuff? I understand fully you love the mopeds and that is fine. Like I said my opposition is not towards the e-mopeds it is just miscategorizing them. If someone wants to ride an e-moped anywhere throttled vehicles are allowed that is fine. You can still enjoy your stuff that is not my issue.