View Single Post
Old 02-15-24, 03:54 PM
Markeologist

Bikes: Since new: 86 Rodriguez Tandem, wife's 87 Gitane Team Pro, 92 Burley Rock-n-Roll, 85 Fisher Comp, 88 Puch Pro, two 92 Bridgestone X0-1s; later: 66/67 Gitane Champion du Monde, 70 Gitane Super Corsa, 70 Carre, 87 Gitane Team Pro, 77/78 Ritchey Tandem

Liked 389 Times in 170 Posts
Best way to distinguish between a TdF and the Super Corsa, especially during bike boom of early 70s, is the length of the steerer as Verktyg (Chas) taught us. The SC had a longer steerer as it used a Campy headset with a stack height of 39-41 mm while the TdF which used a Stronglight headset had a shorter steerer as headset only had a stack height of 34 mm….sounds like the fork you have is not original so no help there… did the frame have the races for the headset as that would help ID. Looking closer it does appear to have long point lugs so if a TdF then would be a 71-73 as I recall.
Here is pic I posted just the other day of my early (69/70) SC. It has the Carre-style willow leaf stay caps that were eliminated shortly thereafter, replaced with the cut and bent stay top finish as found on your frame. Before spending too much effort on your frame, consider cost and time involved and compare against finding a complete SC or TdF.

Last edited by Markeologist; 02-15-24 at 04:13 PM.
Likes For Markeologist: