Old 02-16-24, 09:52 PM
easyupbug 

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked 610 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
...My knees do not like crank length change at all (chondromalacia patellae) and I have 6 bikes, all riders, so changing crank length is a big deal.
Many years ago I used to race running and cycling and know chondromalacia patellae which in me has now morphed a more dominate osteoarthritis. I would think you might find as I have that the shorter crank lengths and higher RPM are a benefit in reducing the loading on the joint. When you say your knees don't like a changed crank length, was it a minor 5mm you tried or a massive change? Crashes complicate everything so good luck there. As for hips/back it is also complicated, so good luck there as well. I got to where I was seeing a chiropractors monthly for my hip/back pain while extensively traveling internationally and in the US and one finally advised to try a knee pillow and I have not been to a chiropractor in a year and a half. Incidentally, I always enjoy seeing you posts.
Likes For easyupbug: