Jimriides
NotaNewbie

Bikes: Cannondale FSI - Cannondale R1000 - Firestone Beach Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Scary

Last week, while descending down an 8% grade at about 42 mph I had a School Bus fly by me at 70+, so close I was startled by the giant Tires six inches from my handlebars. Brick wall on the other side. My Bike went into a “Death Shimmy”, I started floating around, under what seemed to be no control. I was yelling “ Oh sh#$, Oh Sh#&, I concentrated on staying over the center of the bike and not going down. I reached the bottom of the steep grade and barely had any control as I glided to a stop. I got off the bike and layed down, shaking. Thankful to have not gone down at speed, I jumped up and tore off after the Bus. I knew a School was nearby. I made the same left turn as the Bus had done several hundred yards ahead. As I turned the corner I saw probably 15 of the same Bus. In my terror I had not seen the numbers on the Bus that swooped me. I slowly rode by looking at all the Drivers eyes. Couldn’t see any reaction. Perhaps they never knew that they nearly killed me. I don’t go that way any more. I took the bike in and had them go over everything. I had a few loose spokes on the front wheel. The general consensus was the Pressure Wave caused by the Bus had set me into that vibration. Be careful out there!