Old 02-23-24, 11:47 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4551 Post(s)
Liked 6,510 Times in 3,735 Posts
Originally Posted by Reynolds
I suppose the final word is the manufacturer's recommendations/instructions. Is your affirmation based on any of them? Just curious.
I believe so but mainly as a lifelong mech/tech/hack including auto's professionally for 25+ years and drag racing mc's much of that time as well, my experience has led to doing it right every time to the best of my ability.

One of the worst things as a tech is to have comebacks of any kind.

Many shops now days have zero tolerance and plenty of service managers never did, it was guaranteed to get you on their bad side where you could easily stay if they were really a hard azz whether it was your fault or not.

This was also the best reasoning for preventative maintenance that is what proper BB service is.

There is always time to do it right but never time to do it again.

Furthermore I'm not concerned with anyone else's opinion on this be it a manufacturer or St. Sheldon.

I know from vast experience what it takes to get down the road or track and back home.

Last edited by merziac; 02-23-24 at 12:01 PM.
Likes For merziac: