View Single Post
Old 02-23-24, 01:19 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 281 Posts
Ah yes...when ya don't like a discussion item, ban it! Welcome to 1984!

And like I said, I use a buggy whip. Much easier, quicker, and delightfully painful.

Washington state sure is an amazing place to bike. The cascades have such a different flavor that far north than the Oregon/N. California cascades do. I guess i'd describe 'em as more ferocious looking, especially on the N. Cascades highway, where it is fun to just get lost in the endless scenery and climbs/descents. The folks who labeled the north CAscades as "America's Alps" sure hit it right on the button. I'm more "afeerd" of mooses than other wildlife. Already planning my sixth "north cascades" tour for summer 2024. Time to start tour planning...]
I kept a riding crop velcroed to the top tube of my Tandem when I lived in Florida. It was necessary due to dogs taking chase on many occasions. I currently carry a 14oz can of bear spray and also keep my 11oz peg hammer in my handlebar pack. I don't worry about big kitties when I ride in the woods, not because they are seldom happening. Being male and not female or a small child, I am very unlikely to be there target. It is not a crime to be prepared and being prepared has saved me from death or injury in the past.