Old 02-24-24, 06:18 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8419 Post(s)
Liked 9,330 Times in 4,584 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
I don't connect anything to whether other cyclists are fast or not, nor do I care or connect anything to "being dropped" or whether I pass anyone else while cycling, no matter what they are riding or wearing.

I even know a few other cyclists whose cycling does not revolve around being fast or competing with others or themselves when out for a ride. There may even be a few other such guys on this list who are OK with this lack of "connection." Or maybe not.
We all know how you feel about this stuff, you've made it abundantly clear on more than one occasion and that's fine. Some people are utility cyclists and some just cruise and enjoy the ride.

My comments were in response to someone saying that he laughed at guys who wore team jerseys but weren't fast. It was also said that overweight or slow riders were funny if they rode a racing type bike. My point was that anyone can ride or wear whatever they want and don't deserve ridicule because they are not as fast as someone thinks they should be.

I'm not fast, I don't collect data, I don't "train" per se. I just ride and try to keep up with friends and clubmates. I'm 70 in a few weeks. I'm a little overweight, have COPD and a-fib. I'm pretty far from elitest. I will never criticize another person for the bike they ride or the way they enjoy riding it. I also don't care what anyone wears, on or off the bike.