Old 02-29-24, 11:45 AM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 427 Times in 245 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
If you have to ask other people which bike to purchase, you probably don't need another one.
If you don't want to try to help, then why bother posting? Oh, just to put someone down and make yourself feel wise? Or you wanted to have the first response and get a lot of Likes from other snarky members?

It should be quite obvious by my bike list that this is a want rather than a need. ...but then you probably didn't get that far, in your rush to make the first reply.

Originally Posted by njkayaker
So, your max budget is $2500.

Is there a gravel ebike less than $2500?

Yes. Ride1Up just made one, and it's carbon fiber, too:
https://ride1up.com/product/cf-racer1/

This is confusing: there's no way for people to figure out what you really are looking for here. So, either you are just bringing the "XP Lite" (one bike) or you are bringing two bikes (the "XP Lite" and something else) or you are talking about needing three bikes. If you are bringing two bikes, what other bike are you bringing and how are you carrying two bikes?
It would be either:
  1. bring only one folding eBike,
  2. no bikes at all
  3. one folding eBike in the CR-V and one regular bike on the strap-on rack out back.

Most of this is bizarrely irrelevant.
Feel free to ignore it then. If someone asked my advice on their next bike purchase, my first question would be: "What do you already have?"

In any case, asking random people to help you choose between a gravel bike and a foldable ebike makes no sense at all.
You're the second person to say this, but then spend time typing up a snarky response. Why bother, if you think it doesn't make sense?
Have you never seen the value in an outside viewpoint?
Likes For Smaug1: