Old 02-29-24, 12:29 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Liked 2,838 Times in 1,593 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Welcome back RTC. The subforum activity is quite slow, outside of Training Status which gets some posting. I have taken my idle chatter to the "Addiction" threads in road, but would not mind bringing it back here

I'm 37 (race age 38 - November BD) and started focusing on Masters in 2023 for the first time with great success, wins in RRs and crits, more podiums including a major stage race with a TT (VoS).

I had born torn between elite (I'm still a 2) and Master's for a few seasons. I'm still considering it, since I have like 10-12 cat 2 points, and I think you can use 10 points from Master's for a cat 1 upgrade. IDK though. Not many 2 only events and the elite field is so stacked around here. I'm def one of the good guys in Mater's 35/45 though, which is still deep with talent/watts in SCNCA.
I notice quite a lot of members race but do not post here. I see it Addiction, Training and Nutrition, Road Cycling the the 50+ forum. It is always interesting why they do not post here. My only suggestion is that we encourage / invite others that race to join us.
Likes For Hermes: