Old 03-04-24, 03:52 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked 3,801 Times in 1,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Spadoni
AdventureManCO Thanks for the post. I appreciate the public acknowledgment that it’s possible to have so many bikes that they become a burden. I’ve got one that is on the way to a new home as soon as handoff details can be worked out. Got a couple of others that I think might get some more use if they belonged to someone else. Here’s my question: you offered up a load of bikes recently, and it seemed like they went all over the country. About how much was the shipping cost on each, if you don’t mind sharing. It might help me move a frame or two if I could post say” shipping about X to east, y to west, etc.”
thanks

Yeah, I have a problem lol. It wouldn't feel like a problem if I had the space and organizational bandwidth. Alas, I find myself stumbling over bikes and knocking things around and I'm sort of shooting myself in the foot by negating more of the enjoyment factor. I also learned recently that STIs don't help with that ratio either

Regarding shipping, I'm about to find out what a few full bikes cost, as compared to just a frame. I will say this: dimensions matter more than weight, so the smaller the box, the less cost incurred, all other things being equal. Even when weight was more, I found the price not changing. But the size? Once you are over certain measurements, you start incurring additional fees. I found the sweet spot to be equal to, or less than, these measurements:

Length: 48"
Width: 10"
Height: 30"

Cost was around $65-$85, depending on where it was going. Plug in your numbers to both Ship Pirate and BikeFlights, those two seem to be the best for rates.

Likes For AdventureManCO: