View Single Post
Old 03-10-24, 06:40 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 629 Posts
Been working on the Technium, I decided it's not a keeper so I'm building it to sell. If anyone is interested 700 X 35's are not a practical fit in a 1987 Technium 480 but 32's have lots of room. It's getting sold with 28mm Gatorskins though.

It has been putting up quite a fight. They used a drive rivet to hold the under BB cable guide on which interfered with the sealed cartridge BB I am using so I had to grind it off, drill and tap the hole for 5mm thread and replace it with a short screw. Then I mocked up the RSX brifters and realized the plastic shield between the lever and body on the LH was missing, it works beautifully but had this gaping chasm behind the lever. My OCD won't let me sell a bike with something like that so I bought a parts brifter to get the cover. Most people probably would have never noticed but once I saw it I couldn't ignore it. I couldn't find the new dropout adjusters I had purchased a few weeks ago so ordered a new one last night. Of course I found them today....

Then, I didn't have a dork disc for it so I had to order one of those. After an incident a few years ago with a bike I sold and then bought back the next day I put dork discs on EVERYTHING I sell. Sold a bike and had instant regret, buyer contacted me the next morning and had decided it wasn't what he wanted so I happily agreed to take it back. Made the exchange that afternoon and took it out the next morning for a reunion ride, pulled it onto the large cog in the rear and the chain kept right on going into the spokes. I got it stopped but not before every other drive side spoke was ground half way through. The buyer had either dropped it on the drive side or hit it against something and knocked the hanger in. I had given the bike a quick look over when I picked it up but missed that little detail and he didn't see fit to mention it. Since then everything gets a disc when it leaves but more importantly I'm not accepting returns any more. Once you load it up it is yours!

Hope to make some progress by next weekend when a few small pieces get here and get a picture of it when it's looking more like a bicycle again and then get it listed soon after that. I put another bike on a couple hours ago. Not holding my breath that I get much action on it but you can't sell 'em if you don't list 'em.

Last edited by Murray Missile; 03-15-24 at 03:12 PM.
Likes For Murray Missile: