View Single Post
Old 03-11-24, 04:29 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5105 Post(s)
Liked 8,417 Times in 3,974 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbullet
Well... managing expectations... I'm afraid it will never change because (I assume) this is by design: I guess that everything is managed by the application on the server and it is impossible to have the server managing the situation / drafting of each of those thousands riders individually. If part of controls were running on your computer, then your computer had enough resources to properly manage accurate drafting for you... The same for all the riders.
The server is managing to generate a virtual image that includes the relative position of other users in real time, and pedal feel that is unique for each user, at that moment in time. I would think that adding another layer for drafting effect, felt in the pedals, would be possible. I know very little nothing about this kind of programming, so maybe it's way more complex than I'm imagining.