View Single Post
Old 03-12-24, 09:58 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7397 Post(s)
Liked 2,572 Times in 1,499 Posts
Life in the City!

I rode in again today, yay! I had a crosswind which was from slightly behind me so it was really a tailwind. I felt really strong, and I'd like to believe it wasn't just the tailwind that made me feel that way. I might have made my best time on this route.

Roadkill report. I keep a tally of live and dead mice I see along the way. Gross, right? Today, I saw a dead fish in a crosswalk. I will never know how it got there. It was 100 feet from the Hudson River, but still, what could be the explanation?

Oh, and two dead rats. I don't know how they die. Do they get killed by some impact, or are they walking and then do they succumb to the poison they've eaten? The City is running a big effort to tackle the rat problem, and poison is part of it.

Life in the City is never dull.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider: