View Single Post
Old 03-13-24, 05:55 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4455 Post(s)
Liked 4,120 Times in 2,751 Posts
So my current parts hybrid is running Surly Moloko bars but I think my favorites are the Koga Denham or because we are in 'Murica and Koga gave us the finger and won't sell their lovely bars here the Velo Orange Crazy Bars (v2) are pretty darn close with some upsides like the slight rise to them and downsides like the "horns" being a bit shorter *would rather longer and be able to cut down). I have all three of these bars I have ridden them all though the new Crazy Bars the least and I think the Denham's are my favorite but I don't dislike the Moloko bars they are just a bit heavy but the bag is quite nice and it is a different feel and ride quality and different grip areas.

You can use whatever bars you want provided your shift and brake gubbins fit and you have the right clamp diameter for those bars on your stem. Also some bars might require a different stem length to be comfortable like the Molokos which needed a shorter stem to work as the bars are extended forward a bit.

Standard flat bars are boring and great for a mountain bike for actual mountain biking but I like something with more hand positions and a nice sweep back for everything else that isn't road.
Likes For veganbikes: