Old 03-15-24, 09:24 AM
Mr. Spadoni 

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 232 Posts
In an earlier post Mad Honk offered up a Colnago in this thread. He was kind enough to send it my way as it will allow me to pass on 2 1/2 frames( 1/2? I’ll explain later. Typing is not my highest skill, as Mad Honk has discovered. )
Arrangements were made, a box handed over to UPS, and the wait began. Arrival was expected on Wednesday at Palazzo Spadoni. Wednesday came, package was appeared to be out for delivery, and the day was coming to a close with no brown truck in sight.
Now on Wednesday, we have one of our two grandchildren at the PS. At the end of the day, we load up the one in our care in the car, stop at daycare to pick up the other one, and deliver them both to their home.
No sign of UPS as we left our neighborhood. As we pull up to to daycare, more than a bit of a slog, my phone rings. Mrs S picks up and clearly she has no idea of who she is talking to. I park, she hands me the phone and its Mad Honk. He’s telling me that the address I gave him for the frame doesn’t exist and UPS has called him to fix it so they can deliver. We talk as best we can, given the chaos that occurs as daycare at the end of a day. We hang up and I’m expecting after a long day and a long drive, I’m going to be on the UPS website forever getting this sorted.
Ok, so Mad Honk has already gained legendary status by sending the frame to me. When I get home, he’s elevated to a higher level yet. I have message waiting, telling me that he’s has spent an hour on the phone with UPS and corrected the address I'd given him, possibly a stop for the Hogwarts Express, to the the place where I actually live.
Yesterday, I see this

A box is handed to me and inside is this

Was the frame packed with care? Check it out. The seat post in the small parts box was in a heat sealed bag

and under all the foam ( sorry children of Indiana, there will be no pool noodles this year. Mad Honk has used them all. ) was this

Stopping now before my device crashes. Can’t say enough about how well this turned out.

Last edited by Mr. Spadoni; 03-15-24 at 02:05 PM.