View Single Post
Old 03-16-24, 08:06 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3343 Post(s)
Liked 2,185 Times in 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by zymphad
I agree with above posters, seems little suspect that you're having this problem and the frame is the correct size. Sure it's not because it's a really good deal?

Also I highly doubt top tube length being same on one frame to another is a good reason to decide the frame is right size since there are other factors that affect fit like stack, rake, etc.
My thought on this is that possibly Trek is sending the wrong seatpost size out originally. This website from an LBS shows the bike and you can see how high the seat is compared to the bar. Granted this is a bike where many would want a very aggressive position with a low bar. I don’t need that. I don’t know if you were yo start with the shorter 135 post, can you raise it to get the more aggressive position. Or would you need to order the 175. Which begs the question am I getting the wrong bike ?. Which is a possible yes. And yes it’s a great deal which colors the decision making process. Much to ponder

https://www.brandscycle.com/product/...7-397046-1.htm