Old 03-17-24, 11:22 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26481 Post(s)
Liked 10,448 Times in 7,248 Posts
...I paid about $600 about ten years ago for a similar age Frejus. The 60's ones are not that commonly found in the US, because there were not that many people in the 1960's sufficiently interested in cycling to spend what it cost to buy one. I was told mine was sold out of American Cyclery in San Francisco. Mine has chrome ends, but they've been painted over. I'm not sure if the entire frame might be chromed under the pain, but I don't think it is.

It's difficult to assess a value on something like this, these days. The C+V marketplace is pretty flat, even here in NorCal, where these bikes were always popular before. A lot of the people who remember them fondly are aging out and dying off, like your friend. There's no real marketing out there, so the combination of e-bikes and CF frames enthusiasm has created a world where these, once highly valued, are now less so. NOt sure if you are contemplating sale, but in the Bay Area, it would probably sell to a C+V enthusiast in the neighborhood of $600-$700. (That's just a guess on my part.)

Likes For 3alarmer: