View Single Post
Old 03-20-24, 09:12 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 600 Times in 458 Posts
I was in Max the other day and couldn't find anything cycling. Maybe user error. Maybe because I don't have the add-on package. I think there was some freebie cycling for a bit a while back. Did that go away? Or am I just imagining?

As far as commentators:

I've got a lot of patience and sympathy for Ant McCrossan. "Go sit in a box by yourself and ramble on for hours." Tough duty. Good job.

Carlton Kirby is a piece of work, for sure. Sometimes I wonder how he and Sean Kelly can be in the same team but somehow they make it work. I'm not a big fan of all of his esoteric rambling indulgences, but I admire his ability and passion for getting worked into an absolute lather in a sprint finish. Carlton and Dan Lloyd took a long pull in the middle part of MSR and weren't nearly as naughty as they have been in the past.

I can't make it through too much Rob Hatch coverage, particularly in the lowlands, without thinking of NPR's Sylvia Pojoli or the SNL Enchilada skit with Jimmy Smits.

As I type this, Landa just went off the front, Pogacar blew past him, and GC Kuss is trying to catch up. Kirby is being good.