Old 03-20-24, 06:22 PM
Pantah

Bikes: More than I have room for.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by boomer58
While we are on this subject, I will be doing the Tour de Cure ride this Sunday ( the 63 mile part). This will be my furthest ride yet and I feel I am up for it. I realize this is a ride that most of the people on here can do before breakfast but it's a big deal for me. When getting ready for a ride like this, do you generally take a couple days off before the ride to rest up a little or is it advisable to ride more a day or 2 to prepare for it ? boomer
I, admittedly, don't do these length of rides on anything more than a very rare basis, but I do plenty of running races every year so the mindset is similar. When I'm coming up on a big race, if it's anything half marathon distance or under, I'll run my usual schedule but take 2, sometimes 3, days off before race day. That works well for me and I feel as though it serves me well too for longer rides. In the world of running, a common practice is to go on a light run the day before to keep the legs loose, or something like that. We're talking a distance that maybe 10% of what you'll do race day at 50% effort, so short and easy. I can't say if it's something that's done in cycling but it wouldn't surprise me if something to that effect is.
Likes For Pantah: