View Single Post
Old 03-25-24, 04:42 PM
Sentinel1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
I had a very bad experience with EZTRTO Tubolito for narrow tires (28x406): 3 leaked slowly without possibility to locate the place where they were leaking because its not possible to put pressure on them if they aren't in a tire (if you try to put some pressure, they explode like a bubblegum).

Tubolito exchanged the two first ones.

The fourth I had died with a real puncture in a type of tires I never had punctures with butyl inner tires previously !? The special patches didn't last long (it was the first type of self adhesive patches, Tubolito has now a new type with glue).
Never skimp on inner tubes. For the sake of a bit of weight saving unless you are a pro cyclist its not worth it on rough uneven roads. I stick with schwalbe tubes and still get plenty of speed. Some things are taken too far by ordinary everyday cyclists. It's like these weight weenies using fragile carbon brakes to save a few grams. Imagine they snap when you are going 30 plus miles an hour down a steep hill. I know someone paralysed from crashing their bike into a wall. When their brakes snapped at high speed.

Nobodies life or health is worth it.

Last edited by Sentinel1; 03-25-24 at 04:50 PM.