View Single Post
Old 03-27-24, 05:18 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 989 Times in 338 Posts
Chess set with a twist

I came across this old wooden chess set at an Estate Sale . Its almost 3 foot wide and the pieces are wood .Decided I could refurbish it and give it a Cycling Edge . I had some old Cycling decals and figured I'd put them to good use . I also was gifted a few decals by some really excellent BF members here , AdventureManCO , iab , Killroy1988 , JPrichard10 and Curtis Odom , Many Thanks Guys !! Im still waiting on a few Decals for the playing surface to arrive .

My attempt at Bianchi Celeste green paint was passable even though it is not a perfect match its the best I could do on a budget, the Handle came from an old Guitar Amp .I lined the inside area with some leftover Cheetah print felt to keep the pieces from getting banged up during travel. Some sand paper a little paint and clear coat brought it back to life and now its ready to use .

I used to be a fairly good chess player back in my younger years , but now My Chess game is mediocre at best . So like my cycling sprinting abilities, I just have to find some slower competition to go head to head with .

Last edited by Manny66; 03-29-24 at 10:26 AM.