View Single Post
Old 03-29-24, 09:50 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 783 Posts
Originally Posted by Stosheroo
On tires...my riding will be probably 75% on paved bike trails/roads and 25% on hard packed gravel. I'm looking for a 32 and wider clincher (Velocity Dyad rims are tube only) that will fit this bike with fenders. Does anyone know if 38s will fit? Any suggestions?

On handlebars...I went with a Jones H-Bar and ordered one of their H-Bar packs to fit inside the loop. Seems like a nice setup.
Nicest feeling clinchers (IMO) are Rene Herse. Not cheap, but with aging joints and the rough roads I ride on they're worth the $. In my experience they seem to run a little narrower than stated width, though that's likely as much to do with the rims/rim width as the tires themselves. Only way to know what's going to fit IRL is to take careful measurements with some calipers..... or just try it and see...