View Single Post
Old 03-29-24, 01:03 PM
BMC_Kid 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 174 Posts
Picchio Special

I swear, this will be my last restoration. This one is incoming from the painter this next week just in time for my annual spring home coming.

I’ve always lusted after a Picchio since the time I was a 16 year old kid “settling” on a bright blue and gold 1983 Pro Miyata. I can still remember metallic purple and red Specials tantalizingly hanging from the shops rafters, mocking me as I selected the Pro. Ha, just kidding, I loved my Pro and still have her to this day

While in Bahrain, I found the frame on eBay, located surprisingly on the other side of my hometown, go figure. I’m not brave enough for purple so I decided on red for this one. Anyway, after a few weeks at the spa in Colorado, the frame now has shiny new paint in Mazda Crystal Soul Red Metallic. I’ve assembled another 11-speed Campagnolo group for this beauty. My go-to group of late, silver Athena components will grace the frame, complemented by carbon Super Record levers and rear derailleur. Wheels are being built up as I write, a NOS 10-speed anodized Campy Chorus hub set with polished H Plus Son Archetype rims.

I had a spare chromed fork and couldn’t decide which fork would work best so as had them both painted.

I’ll post additional photos of the build and final bike. I can’t wait to get this out on the road and see it in the sun.

Last edited by BMC_Kid; 04-27-24 at 05:49 AM.