Old 03-30-24, 11:20 AM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked 1,101 Times in 817 Posts
Originally Posted by curbtender
Garage sale in Sausalito at 12. Might be worth a look...
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/gms...732281524.html
VERY short notice, but: you don't see a Ritchey road and CX bike advertised very often! So thanks for the heads-up.
Trying to decide if I need such a side trip today just to see what size and price these are (or were)...

UPDATE: I DID spend my time and went to this sale, it was as-advertised in a "basement" but actualy a street-level dark low "garage" in an old Sausalito house. The seller was a long-time resident of both SF and Marin who's relocating to far-off Carolinas and had 2 Ritcheys in dusty but quite good condition. Both the blue Road Logic and green Swiss Cross were around 55cm, no evident damage on either (flat tires and wear to both saddles), the Blue was Campy-equiped and the Cross was a mix of Ritchey logic, Shimano and assorted JP brands, all good quality.
Got him to throw out an asking price for the Cross and he finally said "$1000"? At which point I figured "too rich for my budget, even if we bargained down a LOT" so begged off and didn't even ask about the Blue, but assumed he's thinking about the same $1K for that as well.
Not that they aren't worrh something like that to a grail-seeker, but not me!

It was a very nice Spring day in South Marin...breezes off the Bay a little chilly but warm in the sun so I didn't suffer.

Last edited by unworthy1; 03-31-24 at 12:40 PM.
Likes For unworthy1: