Old 03-31-24, 08:29 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked 767 Times in 567 Posts
Originally Posted by hsea17
No, it does not hold water. It's like saying that when a car manufacturer states a weight for a certain model, spesific engine and size that they can't do it because maybe the buyer puts on different tires (heavier/lighter), extra lights and installs a big music system in the car. Well, I'm talking about the specified weight of each specific model before the buyer makes their modifications. Withholding information about the product is the kindest thing I call it.
hsea17
I don't think they are referring to changes the customers make, but rather changes that may occur in production of the bike and it's components. Over time they change what components they use also the component manufacturers may supply different weight items especially for items like tires where the same model may vary in weight over time and production runs.

Also they may not want to lies or at least misleads about weight, but also not be unfavorably compared to another brand who does. Weighing one on the showroom floor or getting a report from a reputable review or someone you trust is probably better than counting in the listed weight any way.
Likes For staehpj1: