Old 04-02-24, 07:45 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4558 Post(s)
Liked 1,697 Times in 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ43
The point is we are not talking about oil we are talking about immersive waxing.

If you really read through the links I posted you would see that their testing came away with two main points when it comes to candle wax versus the Silca, Mspeedwax, or other blends.

The candle wax is inferior as a lubricant to the "luxury" wax blends. It is also more expensive over 10,000 km at least compared to the Silca Hot Melt and a couple other blends.

Not sure how a 40 dollar bag of wax that will probably last me for the year if not longer is for rich people, but thanks for the laugh.
You're making the argument that a Maserati is a junky car because it is a fraction of a second slower than a Ferrari, when they are all supercars.

And you are also buying into a pro-industry test of industry products. Maybe they work exactly as tested, maybe real world it doesn't matter which wax if you get caught even once in the rain.

I don't mind anyone buying whatever product they want. Just don't act like some company is doing you a special favor, and everyone who doesn't think so is some kind of idiot. People have been waxing chains for decades - all of a sudden it is popular and all the pundits come out of the woodwork to explain how smart they are and how they have invented something new. Putting additives in hot wax is also nothing new.