Old 04-04-24, 08:07 AM
Pompiere

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked 1,081 Times in 552 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
While I agree with plenty of this in theory I will posit that IMO many here including and especially myself derive great pride, pleasure and satisfaction from the immense sense of accomplishment that comes with sourcing, massaging, futzing, fussing, wrangling and all else that it entails to make these our own and have them prove out so very well on the road or trail from our effort.

The compound effect of making it my own, my way is priceless to me and an absolute must for the process.

As I have stated many times here, I have been a mech/tech/hack all my life including professionally auto, drag racing mc's and wrenching on bikes.

Its in my DNA and is a big part of this for me to make the most of all this down to the very last nut and bolt.
All of this plus it gives me something to do over the winter when outdoor riding weather is crap.
Likes For Pompiere: