Old 04-05-24, 07:46 AM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 458 Times in 267 Posts
As other suggested, focus on fit first, then consider components and brand. Each brand has their own way of maximizing their value per dollar. Example: Cannondale uses FSA cranks. Trek uses non-Shimano brakes.

Not to be redundant but I will - Look at components and decide what is most important for you.

I'm a fan of Cannondale and think the Quick 1 is a great bike but a stretch for your budget. I lucked into mine when a friend upgraded to a road bike after a year of riding. 105 is an amazing group set but way more than I need. I love the hydruaulic disc brakes. 2x11 is my favorite setup but a good 3x9 option. My wife has a Verve 3 (Alivio) and she spends 99% of the time on the middle front sprocket and adjusts the rear as needed.

If I was looking now, I would consider the following bikes with full intent to ride before purchase:
  • Jamis Coda (steel) and Allegro (aluminum) - available at my local bike shop 3 miles from home
  • Marin Fairfax (hybrid) and Presidio (urban available with IGH!) - closest deal is 25 miles away
  • Trek FX - shop is .5 miles from the house
  • Cannondale Quick - shop is 15 miles but staff/service is great
  • Specialized Sirrus - two shops within 15 mile radius

Last edited by Trav1s; 04-05-24 at 07:55 AM.