Old 04-05-24, 09:11 AM
easyupbug 

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Liked 677 Times in 464 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
Where I live I do leave those things alone, particularly spiders. Spiders kill/dispose of more insects/food per year in tonnage than humans do. The are the best/cheapest method of insect prevention you can get. I have some Black Widows in my garage. They're reclusive. As long as you wear gloves and look where you are reaching, no problem. Maybe if you have some small kids or pets, you relocate a venomous snake, but they have a job to do. If you don't want vermin in your yard/around your house, the snakes will take care of them. The human being is by far the most destructive force on the planet.
Again, wish all this were as true as what you know we are doing to our only planet. I got a minor bite somehow through my jeans gathering fire wood for a dinner party that night, fever and chills in bed the next day we thought I had the flu, hospital the following day confirmed a Brown Recluse bite. Maybe so where you live, but sorry to say living in harmony with dangerous snakes & insects in the desert Southwest is Pollyanna.