Old 04-05-24, 12:02 PM
EDP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
It's funny how every tire mounting experience differs.

I just finished putting 4 new tires on 2 bikes for the 2024 season.

I mounted a 2.4 inch Maxxis Race Rekon and 2.4 inch Maxxis Forekaster onto a Trek Roscoe 8 that had OEM Trek XR4 Team Issue 2.6 inch tires. Those tires were fine but I'm making the Roscoe more of a X-Country bike. Both were surprisingly easy with just a smidge of tire lever at the end. I didn't even have a charge pump or air compressor- I just used a Joe Blow floor pump and both tubeless tires seated with a normal tire pumping pace.

Next I put 2 Schwalbe G One Overland 700x45 tires on a Flatbike Gravel bike with Shimano WH-RX010 rims. This bike is a tube set up and despite the inner rim being 17mm and Shimano suggesting a maximum of 38mm tires, I googled and the consensus was I was ok putting up to 51mm tires on a 17mm inner rim.

I would post pictures but I don't want to ruin anyone's lunch. Needless to say my fingers are torn up trying to get the tires to seat evenly on the manufacturers line with the rim. It was at least a half hour of pulling in various spots and tearing up the inner pads on my fingers in two places. I should have used soap but just used brute force.

I've come to the conclusion every tire and rim situation is so unique you can never count a review saying "Easy to mount" or "Hard to mount".
Likes For EDP: