View Single Post
Old 04-05-24, 04:58 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 2,208 Times in 569 Posts
This morning, I did one of my other favorite rides near where I grew up: the “Rock Store climb,” about a 2+ mile curvy ascent from the Rock Store, a popular biker hangout, up Mulholland Dr.

The plan was almost scrapped when I passed the Road Closed and No Cyclists or Pedestrians signs at the bottom of the Rock Store climb, but we proceeded until we reached the area of concern. Fortunately, there were no workers to send us back.

After walking around the collapsed section, here’s another look back to where the first photo was taken.

A rewarding view from the top of the Rock Store climb. If you look closely, you can see lots of twists and turns of the road.

Meet my new friend, Ralph. We road up to a light together early in the ride, were headed the same way, got to chatting, and spent the rest of the ride together.

A view looking west from the ridge of the Santa Monica Mountains, with a sliver of the Pacific in the distance.

There was a chance of rain early, but it turned out to be a beautiful day, with the hills showing off their cloaks of verdant green against striking rock formations and vibrant blue and white skies.