View Single Post
Old 04-06-24, 01:16 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3261 Post(s)
Liked 2,578 Times in 1,534 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
BS. Ritchey SuperLogic are some of the best components on the market. The major brands offer integrated cockpits in the same price range.

So what? Low-end, old tech stuff will always be cheap. High-end, new tech stuff will be expensive. This is not surprising.

The "high-end integrated bar + stem is way more expensive than high-end but separate bar + stem" observation is BS.
Here's my statement again. I didn't say anything about quality levels good or bad. I'm not even the one that established the time frame discussed in this thread. One of you guys did. Tell me exactly what is it about my statement as it is written that isn't true. I can easily find stem/handlebar combos examples under $50. I didn't even say anything about price in this statement, except that the newest system was way more than the systems it replaced. The point of my post was to point out that going from an adjustable system to a non adjustable system was not a high tech advancement. Rather, it was to point out that it's not an advancement at all no matter the price.

Speaking of super high tech advancements, we've went from a multi piece adjustable stem/handlebar system of one material, to a multi piece adjustable system of another material, to a one piece non adjustable system of another material. The best part is, the one piece non adjustable system costs what, 10-15 times the cost of the previous systems.

Last edited by seypat; 04-06-24 at 01:25 PM.