View Single Post
Old 04-06-24, 07:24 PM
GCBM

Bikes: Primary bike - late 70's gold ALAN Competition; mostly Campy with Huret Jubilee deraiileurs;When I joined that was my primary. Now back to my 1979/80 Shogun 600 since I can change everything and not feel like I'm committing sacrilege...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 278 Times in 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I think it might be time for another wildflower ride soon. Any idea when they should be peaking?
We ride out to the Poppy Reserve regularly, today's results (04/06/2024). There are a lot of tourist bus patrons and folk who came from far who are sorely disappointed. With yesterday's rain/hail/snow and high 30's temperatures at 9:00 this morning what few poppies that are here, were in hiding. Temps are supposed to get into high 70's low 80's this week and hold about there for a bit. So I would put off a visit for at least til next weekend, if not two weeks. besides, by then I may have better news. Although even if you come up here, some of the better fields are actually a couple miles before you get to the reserve - around the Munz Ranch Road juncture... they should be having the honey sale stands out there too...

The road into the Poppy Reserve (04/06/2024)

Fields near Reserve (04/06/2024)

and because each year I try to get some showing the poppies growing from road cracks (04/06/2024)
Likes For GCBM: