Thread: '71 Super Sport
View Single Post
Old 04-09-24, 09:06 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked 1,038 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by big chainring
I get a kick out of these responses. The bike is painted with Benjamin Moore Gloss Impervo. Its one of their stock gloss colors that might not be available anymore. I think the color is great and its one of my better paint jobs.

The BB adapter lets you get rid of the boat anchor Ashtabula crank with its 1/2 inch pedal threads. Reduces weight considerably and opens up all kinds of crank/pedal options.

Guess we all do it differently. I rode this bike a lot but have purchased others in the last couple years and now trying to free up some room. $50...can you buy lunch for two for that anymore? And now over 500 hits on facebook. Patience grasshopper.
I'm with you on your feelings for this. Your right $50 isn't much any more. And this is with the bottom bracket that you can choose to use or revert back to the one piece crank and the original headset. If you were close to me, I'd get it, not like I need another Schwinn or any bike, The problem with the paint is that it is not original. I like the paint color in your built up picture. In fact the built up bike looks great.

I think the other problem is that few people are looking for a project bike like this. And the market is soft for these bikes post pandemic. I picked up a complete Super Sport for under $100 pictured below as bought.

Likes For Velo Mule: