View Single Post
Old 04-10-24, 09:06 AM
cooperryder

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 1,570 Times in 419 Posts
With rain forecast for part of the day yesterday I decided to go ahead and ride taking a good rain jacket in case I got caught in it.

I took my own sunshine with me in the form of my bike, a vintage Schwinn Cimarron, powder coated bright sunshine yellow.

It has fat Continental Urban tires (26x2.20) on it which are very smooth rolling and help absorb the bumps of rough streets.

Those are vintage Suntour ratcheting bar end shifters on it, ever so smooth.

I managed 40 miles in low 60's temps with only about 20 minutes of it in rain on Tuesday after the eclipse.

This was another trip riding to downtown Dallas and back.
I enjoy rides like this just seeing a different area than the suburbs.
There is tremendous growth in this area and all over the Dallas - Ft Worth area really. One wonders how many 200 to 300 unit apartments or condos are needed. They pop up all over the area, dozens upon dozens of them.

It was overall a good ride and a good day to be out and about on a bike even with the heavy overcast and some rain.

Bubba's diner style country cooking near SMU campus. Fantastic fried chicken and rolls!

Moving art at Southern Methodist University (SMU). That piece goes up and down, maybe simulating waves, I should look that up.

I'm on the Continental Bridge which has been converted to a pedestrian, bike, etc bridge over the Trinity River. The Arch in background is on the Margaret Hill Hunt Bridge which now handles auto traffic the Continental Bridge handled in years past. Downtown Dallas in background.

Infamous Triple Overpass riding the opposite direction Kennedy limo was taking.

Old Adolphus Hotel still going, fancy and expensive.

I spent a lot of my career in this AT&T building.

AT&T plaza.

Magnolia building with Pegasus on top.

Another angle of Pegasus.

Last edited by cooperryder; 04-10-24 at 04:30 PM.