Old 04-11-24, 10:26 PM
marko_1111
hard to kill

Bikes: several. all favorites

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
yeah ok so I own some Treks and even a Big Sur from 1997, but that doesn't really expose my bias. still, full disclosure

I remember how things were and I had a little insight being involved in a sportswear business breaking into cycling shortly after we won the bid for track and field at the Olympics that the US boycotted back in the day. had everyone out to the offices. heck we outfitted the 7-eleven team. again, had everyone out to the offices. at one point we were looking to buy into LeMonds brand when no one thought he'd recover from being shot. we didn't and he did more than recover

but you know LeMond was absolutely amazing and his rivalry with teammates and competing on the last day of the tour got my attention and added to my resolve with the sport, but I also very much enjoyed watching LA slay the field year after year

bottom line is I don't hate brands ridden by anybody who may or may not have tested positive over a substance anyone else on the street can buy pretty much over the counter. I don't hate the riders either. and this tired story ain't just about bullies and tattle-tales. I don't particularly care for how either of those guys behaved back then, but I'd prefer not to hold on to it

I will say I don't remember Greg being quite as much a passive victim as that video implies

I also own Apple devices and never felt harmed by MicroSoft