View Single Post
Old 04-12-24, 09:55 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1810 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 961 Posts
I was in Los Angeles last Autumn for 3 weeks. I called and stopped into every bike shop I could Google. The universal answer was: "No. But, we can sell you a bike." When I said that it'd just be easier to rent a bike from them than buy a bike and return it, the response was cordial but still: "No."

So I looked at the various second hand sports equipment and consignment shops like Play It Again Sports and didn't find anything worth the asking price...even for a temporary beater.

I then sought out the local bike kitchens and Co-Ops. There were very few. The ones I did find were only open for a couple of hours per week and even then never at a time that I had available.

Nothing Los Angeles and bicycle ever lined up the entire 3 weeks I was there. They do have Lime bikes for the beach front if that's your jam, tho.

Car dependency is a tax.